Tuesday 26 March 2013

Freaky aliens.

Let’s like different things, so that I can introduce you to the wonders of coffee and you get me trying the weirdest-sounding food. Let’s fear different things, so that I can dare you to take the tallest roller coasters ever and you coax me into stroking your puppy’s fur. Let’s have different experiences, so that I can describe to you how pretty the night sky in Thailand is and you recount to me how you once enjoyed a conversation with a total stranger at a café in San Francisco. Let’s be different, so that I can remind you to not be cocky and you allay my insecurities.

Yet, let’s be cool about how different we are, so that it is okay for me to shake my head at your taste in music and you to laugh at my fashion sense. Let’s crash into each other with full force and wonder out loud how aliens like you and I can exist. But despite the distance that is our differences, let’s somehow meet halfway and stay there. Maybe then, we’ll find out that we are not that different after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment