Saturday 22 September 2012

Awesome ending to an awesome drama.

Reply 1997 ended, with lots of kisses, fights, hugs, smiles and laughter. That's right -- NO tears, because only us the viewers are drowning in our sea of tears as we watch the last episode. Props to the directors, writers, all staff members and actors. You guys did something incredible.

I'm gonna skip all the OH-SO-CUTE moments between the main couple that end up together and talk about Junhee, because obviously all along I'm the most invested in his story.

I loved that scene of Junhee moving out. I think Junhee wasn't sure if he was going to see Yunje again, because he didn't know if he could ever get over Yunje. Even when he was saying his "See you"s, he wasn't really looking at Yunje, and his words sounded like "Goodbye"s instead. It was painful to watch because he seemed so vulnerable I was afraid he'd shatter. I think Yunje sensed that. That hug, the pat on the shoulder and the words "Let's eat together later" speak volumes. It was as if Yunje was trying to tell Junhee that he knows, that he knows but it's okay and he's going to see him again no matter what because Junhee is his best friend and he loves him, but that's all he can be and he is sorry for his pain. And I think in that moment, Junhee knew that Yunje knew. Just for that scene, and basically all the other scenes of the two together after Yunje found out about Junhee's feelings, I love you, Yunje.

I can't ask for a better ending for Junhee. I said in my previous post, "I don't care if it's a guy or a girl, or even no one if he hasn't met anyone else, but I just want him to be happy." I think I must have echoed the sentiments of everyone who cares about Junhee, because the ending does exactly that -- showing that Junhee is happy, that he has met someone new, without revealing whether it's male or female. Almost everyone thinks that it's a guy, because of various reasons, and I tend to agree with them. Yet a tiny part of me hopes that it's a girl, because one heartbreaking love that can't be told to others and took him a good part of 10 years to get over is enough for one lifetime. And I want nothing but happiness for Junhee. But then again I guess being with the person you love and who loves you is happiness in itself.

So I'm happy :).

I foresee myself watching the drama again some time in the near future. I love you, Reply 1997.


Did I say I love you, Junhee?

No comments:

Post a Comment